It will be helpful for you to know your child’s temperament, or at least, to have an idea about it. By knowing this, you will gain valuable insight into your child and her behavior. If a child with a difficult temperament is challenging you, you probably wish to get at the root of the problem, mommy. Perhaps you found yourself viewing your child in a negative light by labeling her as cry-baby or a wild child.

I am lucky because my child has a little temperament, or perhaps I am quick to respond to her needs and wants before she explodes. Okay, she's still on her way to "terrible two" and let's see.

I believe that a child with a difficult temperamental is as normal as a child with an easy or slow to warm up temperament. I think, once the parents know and understand the child’s temperament, we can view our child’s behavior objectively. This will help us to refrain from emotionally lashing out or withdrawing from our child.