A friend of mine came across this quote and she giggled. “A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self.” I asked her why, and she said, " I believe that I am really my mom’s gender partner because I literally grow up very close to my mom and we almost do things together".

I think mothers and daughters share a very close bond if compared to other members of the family. I do not mean though that sons and moms are not that close, they even said that most have that latter bond which is son and mom that so close. They are but nothing beats a mom and daughter closeness, I think.

I love my daughter very much and somehow when she also grows up to be and adult and decide one day to start her own family, she will be able to share a bond with her kids closely like what we do now. I love my daughter to death. She is the sunshine of my life.