It is not possible to care for your baby or your partner if you feel neglected, overstressed and overtired. The most important person in your baby’s life is you. Figuring out how to meet your baby’s needs take time, energy and love, but you also have to get your share of nurturing. For me, the hardest part of being a first-time mom was when I needed to wake up in the middle of the night for feedings. I am so glad that I have passed that stage.

I understand that a full night’s sleep is next to impossible during the first months of my baby’s life, which is why; I rest whenever I can. I tried to nap or relax when my baby naps. I make sure that I am eating well-balanced, nutritious foods to maintain my energy. I have healthy snacks of fruits, juices, nuts, cheese, and yogurt. After childbirth, getting my body back into shape is also impossible. It probably takes a few more months to lose that extra weight.