Fathers today are taking a hands-on, active role in parenting. It is important to remember that a strong foundation for a family is the partnership between the mother and the father. And this relationship needs careful maintenance now. I am just so lucky that my husband is very supportive (and I also know how to balance everything, though), and he understands that I am a first time mom, and that we are still adjusting to my responsibility with our daughter.

I guess all parents go through major changes once a newborn baby arrives, except for well-off families. This period includes the joy of getting to know your child, as well as the demands of feedings and night walking. It leaves less time and energy for your relationship with your partner. The mother’s focus is on the baby, especially if she is breastfeeding. It’s normal to have mixed emotions about the new responsibilities as a father. As the father adjust and gain confidence, nothing will come close to the joy and love he begin to feel for the newest member of his team.