(This guest post from Werner Rogers)

I love our new house! I don’t mean I like it, I really, really, really LOVE it! I was scared to make a purchase this big because my husband and I have been saving for a long time but now that we’re finally homeowners I can say that I’m really excited to be in a new place. I loved our old condo but when the baby was born it was really just too small for the three of us and though its location in the center of town was fun it wasn’t exactly family friendly. Anyway, we’ve been really lucky with this old house so far – I went to http://www.electriccompaniestexas.net to get our utilities all squared away, no problem, and I spent a lot of time researching historical fixtures and wood treatments, all of which made this place look better than ever. It’s been a labor of love but over the last few months we’ve really turned this house into a home we’re proud of and that’s more than I can say for some other people in our position! Now that we’re expecting our second child I’m so thankful we’ve got more square footage and (finally) a yard where the kids can play! I loved being in that townhome but now that we’re in a single family I really wonder how I got through so many years without all this space. My husband has been endlessly supportive and though I think he would have preferred something a bit newer and less work I know he settled on this place because I loved the character so. He’s always thinking about what will make me happiest and I would say that’s the mark of an amazing spouse! My husband is the nicest man in the world and now I can say he’s a co-signer with me on a loan – that makes me feel more married than anything else we’ve ever done, including starting our own little family!