A baby is usually ready for a highchair around the age of five months, when she can sit up with support.Just make sure that her highchair has a wide base for stability and a tray that locks securely. Always use a safety belt to secure your baby in her highchair and never leave her unattended. The highchair should not be near hazards such as stoves, shelves, tables, counters, windows and dangling cords from blinds and drapes.

My little princess is in 17 months now and even if she’s not little anymore, the more I don’t trust her sitting on her highchair without my attention. Honestly, there are times that she doesn't like to sit on her highchair, and so I have to make tricks, or I have to find a way that she would not resist from sitting on the highchair. Anyway, babies (I guess) are easy to handle as long as the mother, nanny or guardian knows how to find their weaknesses.